Ladies and gentlemen, you are cordially invited to our third StoryWonk seminar! This summer, we turn our attention to Jane Austen’s bright and brilliant romance, Pride and Prejudice.
We’re going to spend seven sessions looking directly at this classic novel, and exploring the rich characters, communities and relationships which make it one of the most beloved books in the English canon. This time around, we’re trying something a little different, and splitting each seminar session in half. The first half will be a downloadable pre-recorded lecture exploring the reading and examining the salient points; the second half will be a live video session in which we can discuss and debate the reading in more depth.
At the same time, we’re planning an in-depth commentary series for the 1995 BBC adaptation, so stay tuned for more details!
This is our schedule:
- Friday, June 19th: Reading 1 lecture
- Tuesday, June 23rd: Reading 1 live seminar
- Friday, June 26th: Reading 2 lecture
- Tuesday, June 30th: Reading 2 live seminar
- Friday, July 3rd: Reading 3 lecture
- Tuesday, July 7th: Reading 3 live seminar
- Friday, July 10th: Reading 4 lecture
- Tuesday, July 14th: Reading 4 live seminar
- Friday, July 17th: Reading 5 lecture
- Tuesday, July 21th: Reading 5 live seminar
- Friday, July 24th: Reading 6 lecture
- Tuesday, July 28th: Reading 6 live seminar
- Friday, July 31st: Reading 7 lecture
- Tuesday, August 4th: Reading 7 live seminar
The pre-recorded lectures will be available via StoryWonk.com, iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you currently download StoryWonk podcasts. The live sessions will be broadcast on YouTube, and the audio versions will also appear in the podcast feed the following day.
The seminars are aimed at adults, but will be suitable for all ages. Everyone is welcome, and the seminar is, thanks to the generous support of our patrons, entirely free. If you have any questions, leave a comment below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.