This week, we switch focus from Ardsmuir to Helwater, and Jamie faces his greatest challenge yet in Voyager, chapters eleven to seventeen!
Thanks to Carla for the introduction! Next week, we cover chapters eighteen to twenty-four!
- What textual echoes can we find between John’s romantic overture to Jamie, and Geneva’s?
- If we set aside the issues of consent, how does Jamie’s sexual encounter with Geneva reflect his encounter with Mary McNab?
- Is there evidence in the text that Gabaldon is channeling classic novels during the Helwater chapters?
- Excerpt your favorite single line from the reading, and share it!
- For Alastair’s reading of Tam O’Shanter and to help us do more, stop by our Patreon page!
- New StoryWonk T-Shirts
- Join the StoryWonk forum and continue the conversation!
- Like what we do? Please leave a rating or a review on iTunes!
If you have thoughts on this episode, we’d love to hear them! Visit the StoryWonk forum, come follow us on Twitter, call our voicemail line on ☏252-505-WONK(9665), or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.