It’s been two months since the end of the second season of Outlander, and we’ve waited long enough — it’s time to get into the third book in the series, and the foundation for season three of the TV adaptation, Voyager!
This time around, we’re doing things a little differently. Every Saturday, we’ll release a new episode of The Scot and the Sassenach, in which we’ll discuss the next reading; we won’t be running live videos of Q&A sessions, but we will include as much listener feedback and commentary as we can. Lani and I will be diving deep into the narrative structure, into the symbolism and metaphor, and into the conflicts and characters of this remarkable book — as well as sharing our favorite scenes and moments — and we hope you’ll be able to join us!
This is how the schedule breaks down:
- September 24th: Session 1 (Chapters 1-5)
- October 1st: Session 2 (Chapters 6-10)
- October 8th: Session 3 (Chapters 11-17)
- October 15th: Session 4 (Chapters 18-24)
- October 22nd: Session 5 (Chapters 25-26)
- October 29th: Session 6 (Chapters 27-31)
- November 5th: Session 7 (Chapters 32-37)
- November 12th: Session 8 (Chapters 38-41)
- November 19th: Session 9 (Chapters 42-47)
- November 26th: Session 10 (Chapters 48-52)
- December 3rd: Session 11 (Chapters 53-57)
- December 10th: Session 12 (Chapters 58-60)
- December 17th: Session 13 (Chapters 61-63)
So get started now, read the first five chapters, and get in touch with your thoughts! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 252-505-9665 to leave a voicemail. The podcast will be available in the usual TSaTS feed, and on our YouTube channel.